Mr. Roach was
last seen alive on the night of the 5th of April in the year 2013. He
had just left his residence and had started going about his business when he
was beset by four of his deadliest enemies. They worked in tandem to capture
and assassinate him. He fled for his life, using the utmost skill to dodge his
foes and to escape with his life. When I saw him, he was in terrible danger,
almost overcome by one of his fatal enemies. He was running helter-skelter, leaping
here and there and generally making desperate efforts to flee or hide.
I tried to help
him; it did not work. He did not understand that my efforts were targeted at a
rescue; he fled from me until I could no longer be of any service. He ran into
the dark, narrow crevice where neither his enemies nor I could touch him. Perhaps
he hoped that he had finally cheated death. Perhaps he just wanted to rest
before making a final dash for liberty. Who knows? I could not wait around for
him to emerge. I had done what I could. His fate was out of my hands now. I left,
while his assailants sat down nearby, unable to follow him but still hungry for
his blood and willing to wait.
Next morning, I saw
a part of one of his legs being carried away by ants in the bedroom. Another part
of a leg was found under the living room window. I had no idea where the rest
of him was, though it was all too clear what had happened. I could surmise that
he must have gotten tired of waiting and, thinking that the coast was clear or
even knowing that it wasn’t and too desperate to wait further, he had made a
mad dash to freedom. And had failed. I do not know which of his foes dealt the
final blow or when. I was, however, curious to know what had happened to his
body. Even a thorough search failed to uncover the corpse. It was a mystery.
Hours later,
close to midnight, I learn that his body had been found by my husband that
morning. It had already been too late by then. My husband had disposed off his
body. That was why I had failed to find any traces of him besides the two torn
fragments of his legs. The mystery was solved. I felt sorry but I could not
reproach myself with his death; I had done all that I could have done.
RIP Mr. Roach,
Mr. Cock Roach.
No comments:
Post a Comment