‘Ring out the
old, Ring in the new’! That’s the theme of our lives of late. New developments
in all our lives. But change isn’t easy. And doesn’t happen at one go. There’s
no ‘new’ pushing out the ‘old’ in one go. Sometimes there is no pushing out at
all. Both co-exist and that is even crazier!
I’m in Delhi for
the seven-week training of my new job. Which is exciting, especially since the
work is something entirely new and different from anything that I’ve done in
the past. I’m really looking forward to this job. Maybe this is what I’ve been
looking for. Jobs are like life partners that way—you want ‘the one’ but
sometimes settle for something that isn’t because that is what you can get. Maybe
this new job is my ‘one’. Who knows? My other ‘one’ is busy with his own new
changes and challenges in the meantime.
He’s not run the
household for years but he has to do that now along with handling the
increasing workload at his office. Tough balancing act. I’m so proud of my man!
If there’s anyone who can do it, it is he. But it can’t be easy I know. And strange
things keep happening. And the boys just keep falling ill by turns. Pippin is
still under medication for urine infections. We are all of us sick and tired of
the boys suffering from urine infections. If only we could figure out how to
make them drink more water and get some exercise so they’d lose weight!
Talking of
weight, I just hope I’m not putting on any more. I’m not doing any housework
here. And getting food thrice a day. And pretty decent food (at least the food
at the guest house where I’m staying is quite good) does tend to accumulate in
all the wrong places. But I am digressing. I need to read the magazine on
obesity in cats and make a plan for my boys. But I haven’t gotten around to it
yet. Besides, even if I manage to do that, I don’t think my husband and the new
‘nanny’ for my babies (I had to get
one. I couldn’t stay away from home for seven weeks without that arrangement in
place. She’s full time and does other housework as well.) can handle it just
yet. Because he is overwhelmed with
work. And she keeps falling ill. I’m
just hoping and praying that it isn’t anything serious because what will I do
if she goes home??? (I must remember not to panic, like I’m on the verge of
right now, until something actually happens.)
I’m rambling but
that’s not unusual considering that I’ve been up since 6 am. Yes, that’s right.
6 am. I’ve been getting up early so that I can stay on top of the work that I have
to do for the training. It’s a rigorous schedule and though I’m not getting
enough sleep most nights, the hard work is the only thing that stands between
me and the pain of separation from my family. I hardly miss them too much
during the weekdays. The weekend is a different matter. I’m hating the
weekends. Probably for the first time in my life. And I’ve had a nightmare
about Eva. I’m missing them all so, so much!
Still, it’s all
for a better future. For everyone. For now, though, my personal wishlist reads
like ‘thirteen impossible things before breakfast’. 1) My boys get better and
don’t fall ill again. 2) My boys get to their ideal weight and maintain it. 3) I
complete my training with flying colours. 4) My husband... (well, that one’s a
secret). 5) Eva becomes friends with her brothers and they all live in harmony
(they haven’t adjusted yet). 6) My ‘nanny’ gets better very soon and stays on.
It’s not thirteen items long but even this modest list seems overwhelming. But like
I stated before, change is not easy. I’m still just hoping that in my life,
finally, it is for the better!
No comments:
Post a Comment